‘After Life’ Producer Charlie Hanson Removed From Netflix Series Following Sexual Misconduct Claims – Hollywood Reporter

According to a report in the U.K. newspaper The Times, Hanson denies the allegations and will cooperate with any formal investigation.

Television producer Charlie Hanson has been removed from Netflix series After Life after a group of women accused him of sexual misconduct, U.K. newspaper The Times reported Friday.

Netflix confirmed that Hanson was removed from After Life.

“On Monday, we received an anonymous email containing historical allegations about a producer on one of our titles,” a rep for the streamer said in a statement obtained by The Hollywood Reporter. “Whilst the allegations are unrelated to his time on the show, we immediately removed him from the production and referred the matter to the police.”

The story notes that Hanson, 68, was asked to leave set of the Ricky Gervais show after eleven woman made claims against him.

Related Stories

“One woman alleges an incident in 2008 where Hanson had sex with her without her consent in a house she did not recognize,” tweeted reporter Sophie Wilkinson, who co-authored the Times report with Lucy Bannerman. “Another woman alleges an incident in 2015 where Hanson ‘persisted in sexual contact’ despite her state of semi-consciousness.”

Wilkinson went on to note that two of the eleven victims contributed to an anonymous email sent to BAFTA and Netflix earlier this week, alleging: “At times he will promise them a starry career under his wing, and then exploits that trust in creepy and illegal ways.” The Times report notes that Hanson has had his BAFTA membership revoked.

Hanson, whose producing credits include Derek, Extra’s, In the Long Run and Life’s Too Short, denies the allegations.

His solicitor said in a statement: “Our client is shocked and appalled by these historic and false allegations of improper conduct towards women.” Hanson will cooperate with any formal investigation.

The Hollywood Reporter has reached out to a representative for Hanson.

May 29, 11:36 a.m. This story has been updated with Netflix’s statement that Hanson has been removed from the production.

Sorgente articolo:
‘After Life’ Producer Charlie Hanson Removed From Netflix Series Following Sexual Misconduct Claims – Hollywood Reporter

User ID Campaign ID Link
d9a95efa0a2845057476957a427b0499 l-99999993 Advertise with MDP
d9a95efa0a2845057476957a427b0499 l-99999983 Ugo Fiasconaro
d9a95efa0a2845057476957a427b0499 l-99999984 Free Web Hosting
d9a95efa0a2845057476957a427b0499 l-99999982 Cloud Realtime