The Indian and Chinese troops engaged in yet another face-off last week in which around 200 PLA soldiers were intercepted close to the Line of Actual Control (LAC) in Arunachal Pradesh.
The face-off between the Indian and Chinese troops happened last week during a routine patrol close to the border with China. Sources have said the Indian troops intercepted around 200 Chinese soldiers close to the border.
Later, the troops of both sides disengaged after the local commanders resolved the issue.
Sources have said the engagement between the two sides lasted for a few hours and was resolved as per the existing protocols. There was no damage caused to the Indian defences during the engagement.
Meanwhile, India on Thursday said it expects China to work towards an early resolution of the remaining issues along the borders of eastern Ladakh while sticking to the bilateral agreements and protocols.
Ministry of External Affairs Spokesperson Arindam Bagchi said India has reiterated that the “provocative” behaviour and “unilateral” measures by the Chinese side resulted in disturbance of peace and tranquillity in the area.
Asked about reports of incursions by the Chinese side, Bagchi said he cannot comment on that kind of military aspects and that the Ministry of Defence would be able to reflect on that.
“It is our expectation that China will work towards early resolution of the remaining issues along the line of actual control in eastern Ladakh while fully abiding by bilateral agreements and protocols,” Bagchi said at a media briefing here.
He also noted that External Affairs Minister S Jaishankar had held discussions with his Chinese counterpart Wang Yi in Tajikistan on the sidelines of the SCO summit last month and conveyed India’s stand.